Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 1

I have been waiting for this day for a couple of weeks and it is finally here....December 1st! The day I can open door number one of my David's tea "Countdown to Delicious" calendar.


Today's tea was called "Buttered Rum" and it was very colourful with flecks of blue throughout.  It smelled delicious and the 7 minute steep time felt like an eternity because I really wanted to try it. I love buttered rum flavoured chocolates and this tea tasted exactly like chocolate. It didn't take me long to drink the whole cup. It is great that the little tins that come in the calendar have enough for 3 teas.   


The buttered rum ingredients are black tea, coconut flakes, vanilla beans, cornflower petals, with organic and natural flavouring.  If you have an allergy to coconut avoid this tea, but if not I would highly recommend it. 
I read the best description for this tea and I couldn't agree more:  "Toasted coconut and vanilla beans mingle with black tea in a caramelized caress of flavours."

Next time I try it I will have it as a dessert tea rather than breakfast by adding dark rum, brown sugar and a dash of milk - which sounds even better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment