Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day 15

Today I finally got to try Organic Japanese Sencha - David’s favourite tea :) I have wanted to try his favourite many times, however the fancy candy and chocolate flavoured teas always pulled me in and I would order them instead. Glad to see this was day 15 of the tea calendar. I have not tried any type of sencha tea before but I do love green tea so I knew I would like it.


This tea looks plain and smells plain but tastes delightful. It would be perfect with some veggie sushi…hmmm I may just have to get some tonight and have another cup of this sencha treasure.
 


It says on the steepster.com site that japanese monks were writing about tea in the 9th century, but the world had to wait until 1740 for Sencha, when a tea merchant named Nagatani perfected a new process of steaming, rolling and heat-drying green tea. The result? An emerald-green tea that’s refreshing, smooth and high in antioxidants. No wonder it’s Japan’s most popular drink. Yum!

This tea is made of fine organic steamed Japanese green tea from Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan. Would love to visit Japan someday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment