Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 11

Today’s tea was Sleigh Ride, this is one of my favourites and I also have a tea tin of it. I have heard of people putting this loose tea on their oatmeal after it has steeped, what a great idea as the ingredients are delicious.


Yesterday would have been a perfect day for a “sleigh ride” in Charlottetown – we had all kinds of snow and the office closed in the afternoon. Province House pictured below, taken yesterday afternoon.
Today I woke up and it was back to green and plus temperatures, wouldn't know it was mid-December, at least not today :) Beautiful green grass, feels like spring again!


This tea would be great all year but the smell and taste have that Christmas season feel to it, it reminds me a bit of apple cider which I believe is one of the traditional drinks to warm up to after a sleigh ride, along with hot chocolate as another option.

This fancy herbal tea is made of apple, hibiscus blossoms, candied pineapple, candied papaya, beetroot, cinnamon, raisins, coconut, roasted almonds, popped rice and artificial flavouring.  I love the colour of this tea when brewed, it is a deep red, the colour of cranberry juice, very pretty.


I will stock up on this seasonal tea before it is gone, the flavour is purely magical.



No comments:

Post a Comment