Sunday, December 23, 2012

Day 23

Today was Vanilla Oolong flavour. It was a cool evening in Florida so I sat out on the deck and had this tea to keep warm. I found this tea was very plain and it didn’t really taste like its name. I was hoping it would taste more like vanilla bean flavour, but maybe I should have made it into a tea latte instead.


This tea has Pouchong tea leaves, the least oxidized of oolongs which means that it’s almost as high in antioxidants as green tea. It has vanilla and a hint of orange. The water I used may not have been quite hot enough because I could not taste the orange (I have been using the keurig machine, I probably should start using a kettle to get the water even hotter).

I think I will give this tea another try when I go back to PEI. I did that for goji pop and I liked it much better the second time I tried it when they made it for me at the store. Steepster.com says this tea is so good it is known to be addictive. We will see when I am back in January, perhaps I will love it if I try it again :)


I can hardly believe tomorrow is the last day of the tea calendar, I absolutely loved trying all the David's tea flavours this month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment