Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day 5

Sadly, today was the day I discovered a David's tea that I didn't absolutely love :(  I never ever liked the taste of “plain” tea, but I completely understand they have to put in some plain tea in the calendar for variety and to make the traditional tea lovers happy as well… I know it can’t always be chocolate and candy canes.


So tonight I made a cup of the “Cream of Earl Grey” tea and to complement it, I had a glass of wine :) Unfortunately, I could not get through the whole cup of tea, I don't like to waste but all I could taste was flowers and I don’t like drinking flowers, unless of course there are other flavours to mask the flower taste.

I sure sound spoiled…but it is the same way for me with coffee; I don’t really enjoy a cup of plain coffee, my favourite coffee is Green Mountain Hazelnut. Until three years ago I had never even tried coffee or tea so I guess that is the reason why.

This black tea has cornflowers, vanilla and bergamot oil. I am glad I tried it tonight but I don’t think I will be trying it again for a while, at least until I lose my sweet tooth for flavoured teas :) For those plain tea lovers out there, you would probably love this creamy alternative to the original Earl Grey recipe.




No comments:

Post a Comment