Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 3

Today when I woke up the first thing that came to my mind was: I wonder what door number three will be…? I remember as a kid having a chocolate advent calendar at Christmas time, and even though there was only a tiny chocolate inside, I got really excited to open the little door each morning as it meant it was that much closer to Christmas…this tea calendar has brought back those childhood memories for me :)

Today’s tea was Coco Chai Rooibos, as soon as I saw it was caffeine free I decided to save it for an evening treat and had my morning “caffeinated” coffee instead.


I went for a nice long walk this evening with my little dog and although it was really mild out I was a bit chilled when I came in so this tea really did the trick to warm me up.

I never tried this flavour before but I love chai tea and it had the delicious “smell of Christmas” – it was lovely. I will definitely get more of this tea, there is something about chai tea in the winter time, reminds me of cozy sweaters and fireplaces.

I think I will try a hot coconut milk chai latte next time - what a delectable treat that would be. This tea is made of rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves and pink peppercorns.


So far that is 3 for 3, as long as this calendar sticks to “flavoured” tea I think I will love them all, the only tea I am not that fond of is plain tea, unless of course it is green tea. Every time I drink green tea it reminds me of relaxing at the spa nordik, it is funny how taste and smell trigger great memories.

Very excited to get my first David’s tea newsletter in my inbox today, it even has a delicious recipe for the “buttered rum” tea (Day 1). Here is the newsletter for your viewing pleasure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment